Monday, June 16, 2014

The Beauty of Sight




The sharp intense pain of the sun’s blinding light
stops me in my journey through this life.

It makes me want to close my eyes and
rest for a while from the strength of its gaze.

A glimmer of the truth that I want to share
with anyone willing to take the time to listen is all I ask.

How can I go on my way with this obstacle in my path
so that I see so little?

Ah, but what if I could not see this blinding beautiful light
that is so harsh while so beautiful to lay my eyes upon?
Where would I get my inspirations for these works which are shining in my soul?

Perchance I don’t need this light
 but need to look into my own soul
for the light that shines within
to show the glorious, hurtful, wonderful thing
that is this existence on our earth.

I must look for this light within
to shine a ray without.


 (This poem was inspired on 2/25/14 by the book, Shedding Light by Heather Weston, which is in braille but with a complex and intriguing translation for the sighted.  The viewing of this book will change your view of your world.)
By  Elnora Palmtag

No comments:

Post a Comment